Saturday, January 28, 2012

BMT - WOT 3


Week 3 was good.  I started a new venture (ie: a temp job working with Auntie!!) so time passed by much more quickly.  Since I am also working out daily and trying to find time to get in a daily letter, I'm so tired I hardly have time to miss him - YEAH RIGHT?!  This week's events included: 

WEEK 3
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Here are some of the activities and requirements for Week Three:
– SABC (Self Aid/Buddy Care) under fire
– Bleeding control
– Bandages and dressings
– Combat application tourniquet
– Blood clotting agents
– Splint fractures
– Internal bleeding
– Burn treatments
– Shock management
– Airway management
– Spinal injury
– Interview sessions

          The phone call I received on Sunday to kick start the week was the best yet!  He sounded super chipper though a little stuffy.  Apparently it's the norm to get a cold at some point during week 2, so he was on the recovering end I suppose.  He got 30 minutes to talk that time and we both yammered on and on about anything and everything.  Apparently my letters are hits with the entire flight.  I usually send a ton of sports updates, cartoons, funny pictures, and jokes to keep them all entertained.  There also seems to be some sort of "competition" between me and another AB's wife (AB stands for airman basic - Technically he isn't an AB until graduation but he's going to be eventually so might as well just call him that now :) between who can be the most fun and creative with their letters... I think I'm winning :)  The survival skills they learned this week will go towards WOT 6, also known as BEAST week, which is basically where they must survive off of MREs (Meals ready to eat) and their own abilities for a week without any help from their "higher ups" - they must work together as a team to "survive"... but we're getting ahead of ourselves a little!!
          I received a letter on Monday and Tuesday and then a third on Friday.  I'm getting a little spoiled and find myself running home from work with hopes of a letter on a daily basis.  I am happy to get anything, but have found that I'm "expecting" more, which I know I shouldn't!  My "weekly" call actually came on Saturday because they will be doing massive amounts of cleaning tomorrow and won't have time to call - so I'm assuming no call for next week unless it comes on Saturday again!.  It wasn't the greatest call, but simply hearing his voice makes me ecstatic.  We talked about some "tough stuff" (family issues mostly) and paperwork that he has to process so I can receive my DoD information soon!  I'm extremely nervous about this and HOPING I'll receive by the end of this coming week.  I feel my reservations to stay on base will be less likely to be bumped if I am an ID holder.  We'll see - Keep your fingers crossed.  Then he shared a few funny stories about guys in his flight and how he's making the time pass more enjoyably.
          Maybe because I'm PMSing is why I'm so emotional today, but I just feel like crying my eyes out until these 34 days fly by.  There are so many things I'm worrying over, though I know I shouldn't, but I just want everything to go smoothly - I want to be able to spend as much time as possible with him.  Part of me wishes I could just not have any contact with him so I wouldn't miss him more when I DO hear from him.  Of course the other part of me is screaming at that part to shut the hell up and be glad I get the contact at all.  It's a double-edged sword and the internal struggle I'm facing can ultimately be resolved by seeing him and touching him and being with him again.  I know the day will come, but certainly not soon enough for me.

Until next week,
Me :)


OH EM GEE - I almost forgot... 
On Thursday, on my way to work, I happened to be creeping on the USAF Basic Military Training Page on facebook and noticed that they'd finally posted pics from James's unit AND I found these two gorgeous gems of him!! It is so friggin' great to see him and it makes the wait even that more hectic for me!!
Photos courtesy of BVP




No comments:

Post a Comment