Friday, October 12, 2012

Fish and Pumpkins?

So this little update comes a week late, but better late than never, right??

Last weekend was a fun-filled one, and sadly, the majority of it was spent without my husband by my side.  Ya see, he had to work nights all weekend... but I'm not complaining because he averages maybe one weekend on per month and that's okay with me.  So to keep me from moping around the house in my pjs accompanied by season 2 of Vampire Diaries, my wonderful friends were kind enough to keep me busy and having fun!!

On Saturday we went to the Aquarium in Jesolo called "Sea Life".  Now the aquariums that I go to are extravagant and ginormous - the ones in Georgia, Chattanooga, and Colorado - so when my two wonderful friends and I arrived at this tiny little building an hour from where we live, we were all a little underwhelmed.  I mean, driving an hour to get there was fun, don't get me wrong... having a sing off to old school hits in a car travelling about 180 kph down the autostrada (that's about 110 mph for you Americans!!) is definitely a good time in and of itself :D  But we were ready for sharks and dolphins and whales and octopus (Octopi?   Octopussy?  Octopusses?).  Well, we at least wanted to spend a few hours loving on some acquatic life, that's for sure.  So when we were done in about half an hour, we turned around and went back for another round to make sure we got our monies worth!

Hi Sheila!!


The gang minus a few :)

Nemo and Dory!!!







Eventually we got a little bored and decided a stroll around the little strip mall was in order.  I ended up getting a kickass pair of boots and a cute sweater!  Then we had lunch and headed home.

On Sunday, we added one more person to our crew and went to a festival in Cavasso Nuovo.  It was a bit of a let down, but it was raining and we hit the tail-end of the weekend-long event so it was understandable.  But we made the most of it and had a bit of blast doing it!!




Lovely ladies :D

Pumpkin Beer!!!
All-in-all it was a great way to spend an otherwise lonesome weekend.  Since my love worked, there was no Football Sunday Funday... but there will be this weekend and I'm looking forward to it because I miss my people!

Things have been good around here on the non-fun days - I finally have my pictures hung in my house and it's made it feel even more homey!  I'm looking forward to what's in store for the near future (we're already discussing Christmas plans, either Germany with family or Rome just us two) :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment