Tuesday, July 24, 2012

To Italy With Love :)

Okay everyone - it's official - I'm leaving next week!!!  WOOfreakingHOO!  It's been a long time coming, that's for sure, and I CANNOT wait until I'm in my husband's arms once again!  I am getting to fly commercial (no messing with the AMC flights, thank goodness!) and the Lucy pup gets to accompany me!  Today started off a little on the rough side, but immediately got better when my husband shared the amazing news!  The movers came this morning to take my unaccompanied baggage and are returning Wednesday/Thursday to get the other homegoods.  I have to get the pup to the vet for her USDA health certificate and EU pet form by the end of the week as well as ship a huge box via UPS with all the stuff the movers won't transport (can you believe they won't pack perfume or soap or nail polish or candles?? WTF!!).  Friends want to hang one last time and my family is having a little dinner for me on Sunday, one last meal together before I leave.  I'm hoping my mom will get to take off work a few of my last days here and go with me to the airport!  I'm already dreading the goodbye - I mean who knows how long it'll be until I see Mom and Dad and Joe and Heather and my aunts and uncles and cousins again?!?!  But I can't focus on the negatives; I'm looking forward to what the future has in store and knowing that this time next week I'll get to touch and feel and kiss and hold the love of my life... OH MY GOODNESS I can't contain my anxious, excited self!!

I've got my Nook charged and ready for reading (L.J. Smith novels out the a-hole!), my Nintendo Advance with some Dr. Mario in it, and my laptop filled with a ton of movies, audiobooks (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, thank you!!), and of course I can always write - hopefully the coach ride to Venice (a little under 12 hours fly time start to finish) won't be too unbearable.  And if worse comes to worst... I'll simply sleep the day away!!

I'll still be writing up a storm, blogging whenever I get a hankerin', and promoting til my little heart's content!  This certainly isn't the last you'll hear of me.  If anything, it'll be more and more as the years go on because I'll have so much more to share with you all :)

Get ready Italy... here she comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment