Sunday, February 12, 2012

BMT - WOT 5


WEEK 5
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Here are some of the activities and requirements for Week Five:
– Introduction to the Code of Conduct
– TEMPER (Tent Extensible Modular Personal) tents
– CPR
– CATM (Combat Arms Training and Maintenance)
– Mental preparation for combat
– Pugil stick application
– Basic leadership
– Basic situational awareness
– AEF (Air Expeditionary Force) prep
– Public relations
– Joint warfar

Click HERE for a slideshow of photos of WOT 5 at Basic

          This week started off with a bang... the Patriots lost and I became uber depressed!  The ONLY good thing to come out of Sunday was a 15 minute phone call from my husband :)  Simply hearing his voice calmed me and made warmth and excitement radiate through me.  This week has been long and hard, especially because it was my first birthday in eight years without him, but we got through it - I got through it.  He informed me he was first in line on Monday to process my DoD info and I should receive it in the mail by week's end (what an amazing birthday present that would be!!!)  He also told me the gas chamber from WOT 4 was insane and quite an experience.  He said the obstacle course got canceled due to inclement weather :( and that he was a little nervous about WOT 6 - AKA BEAST WEEK!!!).  I tried to be as encouraging and uplifting as I could be and we ended the amazing call with a hundred "I love you's" back and forth.
          Monday I received a quick and thoughtful letter.  Tuesday I booked Dad's return flight for grad weekend - he's driving down with us but leaving two days before we are because he has to get back for work.  He'll miss Seaworld on the Saturday of graduation weekend, but to have him there for the Airman's Run & Coin Ceremony on Thursday and of course the actual Graduation on Friday will be fantastic and I'm sure the hubs will be thrilled!!
          Wednesday I received another quick letter and Friday was the big day - I FINALLY GOT MY DOD PAPERWORK!! Of course I didn't get it until I got home from work at seven, so I'll have to wait until Monday to call and setup an appointment to get everything taken care of!  On Saturday the Airman's Run shirts were ready so I went and picked them up and they look fantasticly amazing!!  Cannot wait to wear them proudly!
          All-in-all it was a pretty quiet week and I was a little saddened by that.  I figured the closer we got to the end he might not write as much, but it really sucks :/  I was also seriously hoping for a call on Saturday because I hear all of Beast Week there is no communication - I'm hoping he'll give me a call Sunday though because there are a few things I really need to speak with him about!!!
          If I go on any longer I'll get all sappy and sad - We are in the teens in the countdown so everything feels just barely out of reach!!  I'll keep my head up and continue to be encouraging for my husband!!  Let's go Wolfpack :)

Until next time...
          

No comments:

Post a Comment