Friday, February 13, 2015

I've lost a 9-12 year old child...

Technically, my weigh-in occurs on the 14th of the month, but let's be COMPLETELY honest here - the best time to weigh oneself is after a really healthy poo, and during the afternoon hours, so I took advantage of that today :D  After one year and two months, almost to the day, I have lost 51 pounds, which explains the title of this post:


Thank you, thank you, thank you... please hold the applause!

Seriously though, people do this alllll the time... I'm just glad I'm at this point, and truly need no special treatment or recognition for doing something that I should've done long ago.  Now, I still have 9 pounds until I've hit my goal weight, but I'm not stressing hitting the end goal like I was about hitting the 50 pounds mark.  I'll get there, and I don't really care how much longer it'll take me.  I've not been as crazy about the working out life since I returned to Italy in January; before leaving the states I was at a 6-days per week workout schedule.  Now I'm doing 3-4 days a week, and am interested in adding a yoga morning once a week.  We're finishing out our final five months here, and if I haven't hit the goal by then, I'll just work my ass off when I get back stateside and begin the maintaining process (I seriously miss the kickboxing class they have at the gym in my hometown and am uber excited about joining in once again!!).  I still adhere to my daily 1200-calorie regimen and am looking forward to maintaining so I can increase that a little bit.  But if I'm totally leveling with ya'll, I may just keep losing until I feel like I don't need to anymore.  150 pounds, which is my goal weight, is still on the "higher" side of the BMI index for my height.  I picked 150 because it seemed like a "healthy" sounding number, and because it seemed attainable when I started this whole thing.  Now that I've almost reached it, I may lower that number a little more, maybe aim for 130.  Although I've hated pretty much everyday of this lifestyle change, I'm used to it now and figure, "why not," since I seem to be in a forward progress situation.  Regardless of what I choose to do - I've gotten this far and I am incredibly happy with myself.  I still look at myself and think, "Wow, you're a fatty," but I know I need to put more time into toning and STRENGTHENING my core, which of course I haven't really focused on at all.  BUT when I see that I'm easily sliding into a size 10, and squeezing my belt just one more notch tighter, imagining that it's conceivable for me to surpass my goal of size 10 and go down to an 8 even (something I never even thought possible!!!), it seems a little intriguing to me... I'll let ya know when I make up my mind.

In the meantime... I'll continue my loose workout schedule, keep up my calorie counting, and hopefully get over my agitation with learning to ski (cause you burn SERIOUS calories with that - take advantage while I can)!

I'm going to Vienna this weekend with some friends (unfortunately the hubby has to work) and I'm looking forward to it.  There seems to be lots of fun things to do, I just hope we have enough time, since it's just an over-nighter!!!  AND the hubs and I just saw a little ad for an "Express" Trip to Paris for only $180 per person!!  Basically you drive 16 hours there, get the whole day to do whatever you want, and drive 16 hours back.  No room, no flight, just cheap, quick, and seemingly painless.  The only issue is, the buses are typically pretty cramped and of course, riding for 16 hours one way!?  I want to do it, because there's no guarantee we'll get to be back in Europe again after this, but he seems weary - I guess I'll just have a few weeks to talk him into it since the deadline to sign up is March 20th (keep your fingers crossed for me?!?!)  We still are hoping to squeeze a Pompeii trip in, even if it's just the two of us on a whim.  We both really want to see Mount Vesuvius, although being so close to Naples terrifies us (if you don't already know, it's very dangerous there, especially if driving through the main part which is run entirely by the mob)!  But what is it they say - YOLO???

Anywho... I'll keep you all posted of the goings on.  The next few months will be fairly stressful, more so on the hubby since he'll be taking care of the specifics behind our move. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment