Monday, March 4, 2013

The joy of life

Celebrating someone else's 25 years of existence is so much more fun than your own, and I am speaking from experience here.  I mean, for me, 25 years seems like a long time; I was born, grew up, experienced some difficult milestones and unnecessary curve-balls, thought I fell in love a few times, actually fell in love and found my soulmate at the age of 16, graduated high school then college, got married and moved to Italy.  I mean, that's a lot.  And not that growing old scares me, but the thought of what happens after old has come and gone is what gets me.  So basically, a birthday is a traumatic event.  Not to mention that it only reminds me that my parents and brother and husband and other family members are aging right along with me, which is a whole other can of worms.  But to the point... our good friend and co-worker of the hubs turned 25 yesterday and we celebrated his birthday last week in a way that I, being a grown and mature woman, could never get away with - we went to the adult version of Chuck-E-Cheese oddly named "Colorado nonsolobowl" (what the hell does that even mean?  Freaking Italians).  Needless to say, I had a blast, as did the birthday boy and everyone in attendance, and it was nice to actually enjoy a birthday as an adult acting like a kid... it was fun to just forget that I'm edging closer and closer to death.  Yes, I know - I'm so morbid!  Anywho... live vicariously through the photo replication:
 


Party Animals :D


Playing some futbol while we wait for grub!



 
Dance Dance Revolution baybay!
All sweaty after DDR competition in which I lost horribly!

 
Me and my lover <3 
Mechanical bull time!!
 





Ride em Cowboy :)

LASER TAG!  This chic came in 3rd!  Woot Woot!
We won the mega jackpot (well the hubs did)!!!

Countin' em up!!  We ended up with 2200 tickets :D

Goofballs!





 
Such a sexy man!

Yep that's right - my only strike of the game!!

And the birthday boy beat us all bowling like this!
We had a pretty awesome time and I hope we'll go back again when we need to blow about 60 euro and just be big kids!  I'm pretty sure the birthday boy had a great time and hopefully it'll be the one he remembers when he looks back on his time here with us in Italia!

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment